December 1, 2008

Announcement!!!

"And the winners are..." -Many a Master of Ceremonies No, I'm not talking about the Oscars (though this year's ward Oscars night turned out very well. Great job Michelle and activities committee!!). Let me back up a bit. Well, it has been a little over two months since my last blog post. I've had plenty to write about, but my news has been a secret until the last week or so! Last week I received a mission call for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! I've been called to serve in the Illinois Nauvoo mission, teaching in American Sign Language. Yay!!! Because of the nature of my call, I may have the opportunity to serve in other missions as the need arises. I will report to the Missionary Training Center on February 25. I am so happy I'll have the opportunity to bear my testimony of the Restored Gospel, especially in such a unique place. Those who knew my secret for any amount of time before I opened my call were invited to take a guess at where I'd be going. Since getting my call, I've had several people ask me who won the guessing game. So, here it is: The winner, guessing that I'd be serving in Nauvoo is (drum roll please!): Laurie!!! I'd like to give special acknowledgements to: Melodie- Her actual guess is written visitor's center, but I'm giving this to her because her initial guess was Nauvoo but was scribbled out (because Laurie had already guessed it?) and John- Visitor Center, Unspecified (Even if it's vague, he was right...and I'm biased.) The following people get the language-based prize for guessing ASL, unspecified location: Mom Clint K And Honorable Mentions: These lucky honorable mention winners guessed visitor center missions: Savannah W- Independence, MO Christi P- Temple Square Deb- DC Visitor Center (Spanish Speaking) Michelle K- NY Palmyra Nathan S- Washington DC (ASL) David G- Temple Square Lydia G- Far West The following people win lovingly awarded booby prizes for suggesting McAllen Texas: Camille of the Moulton side (She only said Texas, Spanish speaking, but I think the suggestion was there...) (John's MTC Companion) Congratulations to the lucky guessers! You win a pat on the back (I'll pause long enough to allow you to pat yourself on the back. . . Done? Okay.) and recognition on my blog! Lucky you!! Hope you are all doing well!

3 comments:

Dan said...

YAY! I love it!

CarolAnn said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you! you have no idea! I'm also a little jealous! :)

runningmom said...

LOVE the picture of you--you can feel your excitement!!!

Thanks for the back-up award! I know it was nice of me to let Laurie take Nauvoo (being new to the family and all....) LOL!

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Gotta get going on those socks! Do you have favorite colors?