September 8, 2008

Time for an update!


"My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can."
-Cary Grant


Well, I'm not exactly making hit films that will keep fans swooning for generations to come,but I have been occupying myself as best I can!

School started a few weeks ago, so I have spent a lot of time plunging into my studies. I am pleased to report that I am keeping up quite well and enjoying my classes. I have also been working part time at my unspecified place of employ.

In addition to those somewhat mundane tasks, I have been enjoying the company of my friends, many of which I haven't seen in several months. I LOVE having them around. In the past week and a half I have gone to a movie, gone dancing, made a random late-night run for milk shakes, and done a lot of catching up. I have also been able to spend some time with my oh-so-wonderful family.

A few other thoughts: last Sunday was regional conference for the stakes in my area, and it was great. We had the opportunity to hear some wonderful talks from the leaders of the LDS church. Despite the fact that I was sitting in the nosebleed section (seriously, I got a little dizzy from the height at one point...)on backless benches for two hours, I enjoyed the conference (no really, President Uchtdorf is really funny!) and left edified.

Also, I want to put in a good word for Institute. I love my classes-- I am learning a lot and getting to know some really cool people. If you have the option to take Institute (or religion classes if you go to BYU or a similar school), I encourage you to do so! (Look it up here.)

1 comment:

alishka babushka said...

thanks dearie. i'll let you know. i'm actually going to talk to that person in my ward you know, and someone else about composing my music. we'll see if that helps me at all.