September 3, 2008

Let Your Hearts Be Comforted

"Therefore, let your hearts be comforted concerning Zion; for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God." Doctrine & Covenants 101:16

Remember that wall?


I feel numb enough that creativity is not my strong point at the moment, but I can still be very honest.

I have recently found myself seeking for increased faith and understanding. I have thought about the future and pondered the changes I have experienced in the last several months. Within the last five months of my life I have learned so much and been blessed in so many ways. Of course I am sad about the transition, but I can't be too sad about John leaving because I know that he is dedicating his time and service to sharing the gospel.

I am so blessed to have the knowledge of the gospel. I know that we have a loving Father in Heaven, and He is truly aware of our lives, our needs, and our potentials. He has a plan for us. We also have a loving Savior who understands everything we go through in this life and has provided a means by which we can be sanctified and receive eternal life. I am grateful for the guidance and comfort of the Spirit. The peace of the Spirit has been such a blessing to me. "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14: 26, 27


"Therefore, let your hearts be comforted concerning Zion; for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God."

2 comments:

runningmom said...

Okay, make me cry! Is the top pic you are just an image...either way it made me get teary-eyed. It's a powerful picture.

Pics do say more than words.

But you are right. God lives and is aware of all our pains and trials. He is and will be there for you!

You are in my prayers!

nikki said...

It's an image I found-- I thought it fit really well.