"Finishing that 5K was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I ate more fettuccini alfredo, and drank less water than I have in my entire life. People always talk about triumphs of the human spirit. Well today I had a triumph of the human body. That's why everybody was applauding for me at the end. My guts, my heart,and... well I eventually puked my guts out. I never puked my heart out, and I am very proud of that."-Michael Scott, The Office
What does that quote have to do with this post? Very little actually... but I am getting very excited for the upcoming season of The Office to start!
Those of you who know me best probably know that I don't always handle stress well, and after I slow down, my body often breaks down with whatever bug is going around. A couple weeks ago I burned out and slowed down.

Note #1: Tonsillitis is not a fun disease.
Note #2: Eating nothing but ice cream and staying in bed all week (every kid's dream for their parents to tell them to do that, right?) is not all it's cracked up to be.
Note #3: Tonsillitis can sometimes be cured-- no surgery needed.
Note #4: I am doing much better now. Thank you.
The perk of being down for a week was that, when I was awake, I was able to stay up-to-date on the Olympic Action. Here are some of my favorite Olympic participants:
1: Natalie Coughlin- This American swimmer is pretty amazing- despite the fact that she hugs the ropes on her backstroke.
2: Stephanie Rice- She's Australian, but she is one of my favorite female Olympic swimmers.
3: Nastia Liukin- She gets credit for her incredible talent and success in this year's Games.
4: President Bush- Yes, he's not an athlete, but he is an athletic... fan. His debut at the opening ceremonies may not have been the best, but we have seen him routing for our athletes like a true supporter on several occasions. And he did a classy job in his interview on current events in Eurasia.
5: Jason Lezak- He really deserves credit for his performance-- especially for that record breaking leg in the men's 400 freestyle relay.
6: Michael Phelps- What 2008 Olympic commentary would be complete without commentary on our own "extra terrestrial" Michael Phelps? Way to go Michael, for shattering those records and leaving a wake! Truly deserving of those 8 golds.
7: Shawn Johnson- my favorite of favorites this year. This girl has talent,consistency,and a great attitude-- very deserving of recognition. I was thrilled that she took gold on the beam.
And on a final note, I am now the proud owner of a fish. I have named him Phil, which is short for Hydrophillic Michael SpongeBob Marley SquarePants Phelps-- no fish story.
3 comments:
I think Pres. Bush is a great SUPPORTER too.
Woohoo! I found you!
And I thoroughly enjoy your perspective on blogging!!
I too can't wait for The Office.
ITA Pres. Bush was a great fan!
Glad you are feeling better.
I'm sorry the "wall" is not moveable...but there's a good reason for that! Nothing is the end of the wall.
I liked the quote from CSLewis. My dad once told me (when looking at what to go into for college) something along the same lines....either way 4 years was going to pass...what was I going to have then. I chose my MAcc! Sometimes we just have to move forward as best as we can. Doors open along the way and blessings flow from heaven. Trust God.
--Lydia
Mmmm... a fish, eh? Can I feed him when I get back "home"? I'm excited to see you (and Phil, of course)!
Post a Comment